Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Power in Praise

I remember hearing my father teaching the laws of reaping and sowing in the spiritual realm. He taught that for every fruit of the spirit there was a corresponding root that must be sown. One Saturday night service he was preaching on the fruit of Joy, and I was going through a very difficult time, and was not feeling very much joy. As he preached , I spoke out loud "but what if you don't have this joy" I'll never forget the look on his face as he turned to me and said, "son joy is a fruit, in order to have it you must sow the seeds of rejoicing". What a difference when a person begins to rejoice in the Lord! Thanking and praising and worshiping, counting the many blessings that God has bestowed on us, it surely will bring joy into your life when you really cultivate this wonderful principle. I love the connection that Jesus makes in Mathew 21:16 "out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast perfected praise" which is a quote from Psalms 8: "out of the mouth of babes and sucklings thou hast ordained strength". He makes praise and strength interchangeable, is'nt that fantastic! Here are a few others to consider...Believing, humbling, respecting, forgiving, praying, loving, long suffering and mercy. Sow these and reap a bountifully harvest!

3 comments:

  1. Wow,Bro Mark. Im so ready for church tonight! Needed to hear your dads words..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bro Mark for sharing. I feel I needed these words. I appreciate your thoughts. Keep posting. :) - Joshua T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,

    Great couple of posts! Keep working on these principles. This gets down to where we live every day and I love truth that has daily relevance. Keep up the good work, very inspiring.

    -Griff

    ReplyDelete